Sunday, August 26, 2012

Reflection: Creating Blog, Planning, Acting



            The use of “Blogspot” to create a free, public space to share my experiences throughout my Action Research Project was very user friendly.  I did have some difficulty incorporating the table that I created to organize my timeline, but once I editing the document in a word processor, all the kinks seemed to work them out.  This activity provided an opportunity to review the information and action items from my planning phase.  This allowed for a comprehensive reflection on the project, brief edits due to a change in grade level, and helped me understand exactly where I am going with my research and when I need to be completed.
            The timeline signified the end of my Action Research Planning phase.  The timeline is organized by week, provides the phase of Action Research, and outlines the tasks that need to be completed each week.  This planning exercise clarified the process and required a well-thought out structure for the research project. 
            The Acting Phase has been planned and will begin this week.  I will consult with my collaborating teacher to determine the best times to assess her class and select struggling students according to criteria stated within the Action Plan.   Laying out the exact tasks that need to be completing during this phase will make the process much easier and allow me to stay on top of the project and data collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment